Advice, Information & Resources
Advice and Information
We provide advice and support to families, young adults and professionals in relation to bereavement. This is a broad and comprehensive service run by our small staff team, our aim is to listen and provide advice to:
- Parents/carers following a bereavement or terminal diagnosis
- 16-25 year olds around their own bereavement
- Professional practitioners from schools, colleges or the University who are concerned about a pupil/student following a bereavement or terminal diagnosis
- Schools following the death of a teacher or pupil
We receive emails and calls around a wide range of areas including:
- How to tell a child difficult news and answer challenging questions
- Concerns about a child following a bereavement or terminal diagnosis
- Seeking ideas about how to help children build memories of their loved one.
Getting in touch
You can call us on 01392 982570 to talk to a member of our team, or email in on firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a small staff team but will come back to you as soon as we can.
We also have a range of information sheets and a booklet called ‘Saying Goodbye’ please click on these below to view and download:
Saying Goodbye is our booklet which offers advice and guidance for adults on how to help children and young people deal with an expected death of a loved one and how to cope after.
We have a range of information sheets for adults on different topics around bereavement to help with supporting children and young people.